Home of Chief Review Services
Chief Review Services is responsible for providing the Deputy Minister and the Chief of the Defence Staff with independent, objective and timely assurance services concerning:
- the integrity of Department of National Defence/Canadian Forces(DND/CF) financial management and financial reporting processes;
- the effectiveness and adequacy of DND/CF risk management, internal controls, governance and accountability processes;
- compliance with governmental legislation, regulations and policies, and program effectiveness; and
- performance measurement.
These responsibilities are carried out through:
- the delivery of professional internal audit and evaluation programs;
- the conduct of special examinations and inquiries, including those related to internal disclosures, support to forensic investigations and fraud awareness activities; and
- management of the Defence Ethics Programme.
- Administrative Investigation Support Centre
CRS is also the formal departmental point of contact with the Office of the Auditor General.